Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sweet Dreams

Someone slept through the night last night - and it wasn't me. I went to bed about 1030 and Doug gave Lonan a bottle and put him to bed around 1130. I was on duty so when I heard him start to wake up at 3am I got up and made a bottle but by the time I came back to get him out of his crib he had fallen back to sleep. So I went back to bed figuring he would wake back up within the hour. Next thing I know it's 5am and I hadn't heard a peep. I wigged and ran to his crib figuring something must be wrong because young Master Anderson has NEVER missed his 3am bottle. But there he was, sawing logs. He slept until 630 -- 7 hours!!! - and enjoyed a hearty breakfast. Good boy! Question is, can he do it again tonight. We'll see.

He's smiling and cooing and flirting now and just in the last few days has been able to bring his hand to his mouth and gnaw on it. He's still such a mellow little guy. Laura (expecting with her husband Darren - congrats!) asked if he is as much of an angel baby as he seems to be from this here blog-thingie. Truth is... not far off. He certainly has his fussy moments and is not above an occasional meltdown -- especially when we are more than a few minutes late with his bottle. But he remains very easy to please and comfort. Someone please remind me of this in 15 years.

We had a low key weekend. Saturday morning we lounged around and I read Lonan the newspaper, as we do most mornings.

Then it was off to the farmers market.

Stayed in Saturday night. Sunday we went to a bbq at Art & Bobs. This was the only picture I got before the camera batteries dies. Dennis Agnos - one of Lonan's favorite uncles.

We were back at the farmers market today to pick up some stuff for dinner tonight. Gary and Leslie are coming over for dinner. Will post some pics from my phone.

No comments: